The Shepherdess Circle is in the planning stages for the upcoming Women of the ELCA Cabarrus/Stanly Fall Gathering to be held at Calvary Lutheran on Saturday, October 12th. There will be attendees from other Lutheran churches within the Cabarrus/Stanly Conference: First Lutheran and St. Martin's in Albemarle, St. John, St. James, Cold Water, Mt. Hermon, and St. Martin in Concord, Kimball Memorial in Kannapolis, to mention just a few. All ladies of Calvary are invited to attend. We would love to have really good representation.
Please join us for fellowship and brunch. This is a great time to meet other women within our conference. Brunch will be served, followed by a brief Bible Study led by Pat Rediehs, and updates from the NC Women of the ELCA. If you are interested in attending or in helping with the preparations for the meeting, (setting up, decorating, purchasing favors, donations of food as we will be serving brunch type items, and clean up), please contact Cathy Miller, email@example.com or 704-788-3908.
The Shepherdess Circle meets TUESDAY, September 3 at 11:00 a.m. in the church parlor. Our program leader will be Amanda Skinner from church council. We invite all women of Calvary.
The logo, with the cross, water and a white lily, identifies women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America as children of God; baptized, forgiven, adopted into God's family, full of grace and hope in eternal life. It is a reminder of the growth, beauty, and vitality that rises out of that life-giving baptismal water. It is also a reminder of the mission of the church to "Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations; baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 28:19)
BRIEF HISTORY OF OUR WOMEN’S ORGANIZATION
The council minutes of a called meeting on May 6, 1930 mentions the Ladies Aid Society and their request (which was apparently accepted) to furnish the Chancel of the church, then located on Buffalo Street. In August, 1933, the Ladies Aid Society was approved to have painting done on the outside of the church.
By 1946, it was the Ladies Aid and Missionary Societies. In their report for that year, they reported 34 members in the Missionary Society and 39 in the Ladies Aid.
In 1954, Calvary Lutheran moved to their new facility on Lake Concord Road. According to the annual 1956 report and 1957 directory, the United Lutheran Church Women of Calvary had four circles meeting monthly in the homes of the members.
In 2000, Calvary Lutheran relocated to its present facility where Calvary currently has three circles, Ruth Circle, Shepherdess Circle, and Lydia's Quilters.
As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society and the world.
To accomplish the purpose of Women of the ELCA, women in this unit shall commit themselves to:
Women of the ELCA is a national organization that follows the Constitution and Bylaws set by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Calvary Lutheran Church Women of the ELCA’s Constitution and Bylaws governs the structure and operation of Calvary’s Women of the ELCA. This document governs the structure and operation of Calvary’s Women of the ELCA and can be found on Calvary’s website www.clcofconcord.organd go to Ministries and Groups, Women Circles, there is a page that has a link to a .pdf file. Copies are also available by request (please contact the church office 704-782-6923).
LEVELS OF Women of the ELCA:
Women of the ELCA—Churchwide Organization:
North Carolina Statewide Organization (NCSWO):
ALL Women of Calvary Lutheran are members. Your attendance and participation at business and circle meetings is an opportunity we hope you will consider. All are welcome and needed to serve our Lord.
Copyright © 2019 Calvary Lutheran Church - All Rights Reserved.