Growing our partnership with Winecoff school is a focus for us at Calvary this year. We set this partnership as an initiative for us in our Sharing God’s Generosity Stewardship campaign last fall.
This partnership is included in our 2020 ministry plan.
Look for more information on how to be a part of our Winecoff partnership in upcoming Enews, on the website, and in church announcements.
Social ministry chair, Ken Glace, and Pastor Debbie met recently with Winecoff school leaders to discuss activities for 2020.
Activities for the coming months where you can get involved include:
- Growing our mentor program with Winecoff
- Continued sharing of school supplies in August and gifts at Christmas
- Continued weekly delivery of food back packs
- Supporting students this spring through a clothing/ shoe collection (Look for more info in March)
- Supporting teachers through the creation of a wish list for their classroom and providing lunch on a workday in May
- Purchasing gas cards to help with transportation to teacher conferences
- Ongoing support of student needs as counselors share requests
Contact Ken Glace (email@example.com) or Pastor Debbie if you have questions.
Volunteer mentors are currently needed!
The school staff has indicated that additional students have been identified for mentoring if we can provide volunteers.
Being a mentor requires a limited and very flexible investment of time. Mentors typically spend 30-45 minutes with students on a weekly, alternate week, or even monthly basis. You can volunteer to be a lunch buddy, classroom companion for reading or math, or a combination.
Mentors provide the students with positive influences and relationships which for some may otherwise be quite limited.
Please contact Mickey Norris (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in learning more about this program.
May 27th, 4:15 pm - 6:15 pm (8 volunteers needed)
Contact Ken Glace (email@example.com) or Pastor Debbie for more information or to sign-up
© 2019, 2021 Calvary Lutheran Church - All Rights Reserved.