Welcome to you and your family!
Children are an important part of God’s family. We are excited to have you and your family worship with us.
Here are some ideas to make the most out of worship as a family.
Before the Service
- Visit the restroom and water fountain before the service.
- Pick up a Pew Pal bag, book and/or small toy for use during the service, available in the Children’s Corner in the narthex.
- Sit toward the front so your child can see and hear everything.
Special Kid Friendly Pews are located in the front of the sanctuary.
- Children of all ages are welcome in the worship service. If desired, a nursery is available for ages 4 and younger. See an usher for assistance.
During the Service
- Relax! It’s ok for kids to be kids. They wouldn’t be children if they sat perfectly still through the whole service. We understand.
- Sharing the Peace: We want to welcome you AND your child during this meet and greet time. Encourage your child to smile, shake hands, high five, or fist bump, and meet new people.
- Participate: Kids learn by copying what you do. So sing, respond, pray. Kids will follow your lead.
- Explain what is happening in the service to your child. Children may like to cross items off in the bulletin as they happen. Point out the Pastor, choir, ushers, altar, etc.
- Offering: Let kids help pass the offering plate when it comes. They can even put in a prayer or picture they drew for God.
- Need to leave? You can listen to the service from the Children’s Corner or Nursery. Please be sure to come back for communion
© 2019, 2020 Calvary Lutheran Church - All Rights Reserved.